Specs on the old 72cf steel tanks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doug, why would YOU want a pair of 72's? If you are going to double up, double up the 100's and let ME have the 72's.

Peter Guy:
Doug, why would YOU want a pair of 72's? If you are going to double up, double up the 100's and let ME have the 72's.

I don't really want them, I just have a tank addiction (ask your wife, she was the first to diagnose it:D ).

If you are interested in them, let me know soon, but they are $50 each and out of hydro (last was 1998). The guy just got back to me this morning.

I figure with hydro, viz, O2 cleaning and manifold/bands it is about a $550 investment in a set of doubles. For me, doubling my 98s as a second set may work better.

Peter, we already own ONE set of doubled 72s. I'm buying ANOTHER set of doubled 72s, and that will leave one 72 in the shed still, all by itself. I don't think we need any more.

Plus, Doug, remember that I'm turning dives on gas with them :)

TSandM:
Peter, we already own ONE set of doubled 72s. I'm buying ANOTHER set of doubled 72s, and that will leave one 72 in the shed still, all by itself. I don't think we need any more.

Plus, Doug, remember that I'm turning dives on gas with them :)

Yeah, but Lynne, clearly you need to buy Peter a set of doubles, that way, when you forget to get your tanks filled you can borrow his . . . :D

(to quote Bob, "I now need to go find a place to hide for a week or so").

dsteding:
Yeah, but Lynne, clearly you need to buy Peter a set of doubles, that way, when you forget to get your tanks filled you can borrow his . . . :D

(to quote Bob, "I now need to go find a place to hide for a week or so").

Yeah and you can still get a dive out of them after Peter has run them down to his rock bottom!

You know I don't really need a 72, esp. if it leaves you with an odd leftover single 72.

There, now you have enough for 3 sets of double 72s!

Doug, where is that rock is there room for another under there :)

rjack321:
Doug, where is that rock is there room for another under there :)

Over here, there is room for two . . . I'm surprised that Lynne hasn't noticed this yet. When she does we may be surgically chopped up into small pieces of six gill food.

No, I've just been contemplating nefarious schemes for vengeance.

We've really hijacked the original thread, here . . .

TSandM:
We've really hijacked the original thread, here . . .

Well, I am gonna blame that on your hubby. It seems he's getting a lot of blame lately (empty, uh, 95s) but at least this time I think it is justified.

-Doug (now hiding for two weeks)

P.S. For those of you scratching your head, let me clue you in. This is kinda funny (and may earn me at least three weeks of time out for relating it). I dove with Lynne this weekend, she connects her single 95 and it has like 1400 psi in it. She, uh, less than silently, curses Peter for not getting them filled. Long story short, she had to run down the street and get a fill for the second dive.

She posts this account on another board. To which Peter comes back with the indisputable evidence that HE dives HP 100s, and only Lynne dives the 95s. If I am a judge, I have just granted summary judgment for Peter, and I would also award him attorney fees and reasonable costs of litigation . . .

For those of you that know Lynne and Peter, you will probably find this hilarious.

Now I've really hijacked this thread, I'd like to offer my most sincere apologies to the OP as I run off to hide. I'm gonna need a bigger rock to crawl under.

Those 'old' 72's make great 02 deco bottles.

Oh no, this is right on.

We've established that they are small diameter, lightweight cylinders, close to neutral, not too expensive, ideal for hamsters. Doubled up, there's enough gas for Doug's rock bottom :D

Ok enough sass, back to your regularly scheduled arguments...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom