Speedo Nemesis Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There are at least three factories in Malaysia manufacturing fins. I've already mentioned Principal Win, who make the Swim Research and Head Corda fins illustrated above. Their catalogue can be downloaded from https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1926428/PWIN bookletsmall.pdf

Another Malaysian manufacturer is AFS, whose website is at AFSCO Malaysia: Manufacturer of Natural and Custom Blended Rubber Swimgears. Its DF300 fins are rebranded as Finis fins:
1.05.037-Image-Studio-Multi-1.jpg

The Sporti versions at Swim Outlet are on sale because I believe that they are being discontinued. The third Malaysian manufacturer is CYH, which used its DF500 prototype to make the Speedo Trialon fin:
14533-14373-1A.jpg

These too are currently "on sale" because they are a discontinued line, which is a pity because their sturdy blades are equal to open-water use. CYH also rebrand their DF200 fins as Aqualung Sea Lion fins, often deployed as snorkelling rentals in Hawaii:
image_33332.jpg

There may well be more fin manufacturing plants in Malaysia than the three I have listed. If so, I'd be interested to know. Fin manufacture in Malaysia is regulated by Malaysian Standard MS 974 (2002) Specification for rubber swimming fins. First revision.

Yup. It's a pretty common fin, we have a few pairs in the "donated fins" crate at the pool here. The one in the thread topic is a completely different animal, though: for one thing its blade is maybe 1/5th the size of this one.

Nemesis aren't quite full-foot and I don't want full-foot anyway. What I want is a small fin that is designed for efficiency. The Nemesis fit those criteria and Speedo has a reputation for successful application of biomimetic principles. From the discussion here, I have concluded that none have considered them or tried them for SCUBA. So now, given all the discussion, my interest in them has overcome the threshold I set to try them (they are cheap--$26 Amazon Prime) but apparently sold at sporting goods stores so I'll go take a look.

6a00d8341c6c5753ef01b7c6dc4e7c970b-pi

All the fins in the last 2 posts---#13 & 14------are ALL buttock ugly......:)......I'd only wear any of them after I DCS'ed died UW.......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom