Spegal Grove who do I go with???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubasonic

Contributor
Reaction score
Going to DEMA 7th - 10th then want to head South and dive the Spegal Grove any recomendations on Charters to go out on.

Thanks in advance

-SS

Scubasonic,

I've heard nothing but good things about Ocean Divers. Just a word of advice, they will check your C cards and your logbook. If you use them, make sure you bring both. BTW, you are AOW certified, right???

David

yoda4x4 once bubbled...
Scubasonic,

I've heard nothing but good things about Ocean Divers. Just a word of advice, they will check your C cards and your logbook. If you use them, make sure you bring both. BTW, you are AOW certified, right???

David

AOW, Rescue

-SS

Paradise Charters is good. They send their six pack out to the Grove on a fairly regular basis. When I went with them last September, we did both tanks on the Grove, the first down to the lower decks and the second on the top. They also have a DM in the water unlike most other operators in KL.

I recommend BlueWaterDivers @ MM 100 on the Oceanside. In my opinion they are hands down the best choice. :tree: Bob

try divers city in tavernier, 10 divers max, flexible dive profiles, input on dive sites, steel tanks and great prices. great reputation among the locals here in the upper keys,,,,,,,,,,,

reefman
key largo

www.diverscityusa.com

I've been with Paradise Charters and would NOT recommend them. If you have ANY C-card, they will take you. Maybe I was just unlucky, but on my dive to Spiegel Grove with them, a new OW only certified diver was allowed on the boat. He wound up getting sick at 70-80 feet and started flipping out. Yes, there was a DM in the water to assist and to try to calm him. But, the dive was cut almost in half because the dive operation would allow anyone on the boat. Plus, they rush the hell out of you to get in/out of the water. Not my idea of a quality dive operation.

Just my 2 cents.

David

I agree with Bob and Harley Diver.

Blue Water Divers at mm100 is the best to go with.

I am going to DEMA too, but I am arriving on Fri, OCT 10th, and that's the only day I can dive since I am leaving on Sunday. I plan to do an afternoon dive (already booked) and want to do a night dive on the Grove. But can't seem to find a provider that will take me there on a night dive. Contacted Island Venturers,, they are taking 3 divers min, so, the questions is who else wants to go?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom