Spell Check

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Web Monkey

Omniheurist
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Any chance there's a spell checker that you could turn on?

Terry

Web Monkey:

Terry

Is it your spelling that worries you or do other people's bother you? :) I think if people were bothered about their spelling then they would read what they had just typed instead of clicking quickly on the submit button. I think spellcheckers on forums slow it down a lot - but that is only my opinion. :)

Web Monkey:

Terry

You can down load this free and it installs in your tools.

http://www.iespell.com

Not actually a worry, it would just be nice if the board gave the post a once-over when you save.

Terry

Far_X:
Is it your spelling that worries you or do other people's bother you? :) I think if people were bothered about their spelling then they would read what they had just typed instead of clicking quickly on the submit button. I think spellcheckers on forums slow it down a lot - but that is only my opinion. :)

I usually keep my WP program open and I cut and paste my post to the WP and use it for spell check. If needed, I then cut and paste from the WP to the post. Of course, certain things like "Zeagle"and "Apeks" choke the spell check the first time through.

vBulletin has a spell check option. I was just wondering if it could be turned on.

Terry

MikeC:
I usually keep my WP program open and I cut and paste my post to the WP and use it for spell check. If needed, I then cut and paste from the WP to the post. Of course, certain things like "Zeagle"and "Apeks" choke the spell check the first time through.

vBulletin does not have a native spell check function but rather it is a hacked addon which I am still not comfertable with for several issues. At this time your spell check options are to install an IE plugin if you use IE, type your posts in ms word (many people do this incase their connection has a problem) or simply hope you typed it right the first time (much more fun).

I luff my spill chucker!
:D

Spell checkers have their place, I suppose, but have you considered a bakplate and wyngs?

Back
Top Bottom