Spiegel Grove dive planning

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

StreetDoctor

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'd like to use a max depth of 100' is that adequate enough to see some of the wreck? I understand it's huge and would take multiple dives to fully appreciate but is 100' good? Maybe shallower? Looking for the most bottom time so if we can stay shallower I will plan accordingly. :D

I'd like to use a max depth of 100' is that adequate enough to see some of the wreck? I understand it's huge and would take multiple dives to fully appreciate but is 100' good? Maybe shallower? Looking for the most bottom time so if we can stay shallower I will plan accordingly. :D
You can see lots at 100'. Lots even shallower. Much depends on where you moor. The current can sometimes make it difficult to get from one place to another unless you're hugging structure. So, plan on 100' and if you moor shallower you get a bonus. After a few dives, or even a couple, you'll get a feel for what it's about. The viz makes diving it pretty straightforward. But, if the viz goes south you should be able navigate a little.

100' is a good "plan depth" on the Grove... maybe with a 110' "contingency".

The foredeck sits at about 95', while the stern gunnels are around 105'... no reason to go deeper than that, unless you drop something! The superstructure rises to within 65' of the surface, allowing for a very nice multilevel dive profile.

Dive safely, have fun, and never stop learning!

excellent, I'm learning gas managment and just through together a quick plan...

We'll have a turn pressure of 1500 if we stay at 100'. I calculated my last few dives and came up with an average RMV of .65 that gives us approximately 22 min of bottom time @ 4 ATA.

We'll also be diving 34% nitrox.

I assume if they rent HP100's at conch republic we'll get full fills to 3500?

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom