SPIEGEL GROVE report, tuesday, 4/26/17, pics,,,,

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reefman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
by far the nicest dive day in over a month offshore the upper keys: light SE winds, seas 1FT, sun/clouds. a double on the SPIEGEL GROVE buoy SG4(portside crane). initially light current becoming strong on dive #2, respectable particulate blue water, viz 60-80 FT, water temp 77F @ 60-105FT. I work hard @ avoiding the crowds on the big ship and luckily today we had the wreck all to ourselves. numerous large black/yellowmouth groupers, barracudas and a few permit. TIMG provides the captures,,,,,

reefman
key largo

Attachments

• sg1.png
    sg1.png
    976.5 KB · Views: 96
  • sg2.png
    sg2.png
    279.1 KB · Views: 93
  • sg3.png
    sg3.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 97
  • sg4.png
    sg4.png
    943.4 KB · Views: 101
  • sg5.png
    sg5.png
    343.6 KB · Views: 92
  • sg6.png
    sg6.png
    685.4 KB · Views: 113
  • sg7.png
    sg7.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 99
  • sg8.png
    sg8.png
    1 MB · Views: 102
  • sg9.png
    sg9.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 107
  • sg10.png
    sg10.png
    750.2 KB · Views: 101
a few more,,

reefman
key largo

Attachments

• sg11.png
    sg11.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 115
  • sg12.png
    sg12.png
    762.8 KB · Views: 108
  • sg13.png
    sg13.png
    1,010 KB · Views: 96
  • sg15.png
    sg15.png
    500.6 KB · Views: 99
  • sg16.png
    sg16.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 105
  • sg17.png
    sg17.png
    733.7 KB · Views: 104
Seas of 1 foot..... that's awesome. I dove the SG last Friday on one of those wind induced choppy days. Lots of puking people on the boat. We had terrible vis too... only 30 feet or so (though the Duane had excellent vis that day)

Great pictures

Seas of 1 foot..... that's awesome. I dove the SG last Friday on one of those wind induced choppy days. Lots of puking people on the boat. We had terrible vis too... only 30 feet or so (though the Duane had excellent vis that day)

Great pictures
Thank you sportxlh.

Nice shot of the black grouper; they're really neat, attractive fish and I'm surprised they don't seem to get more attention. I guess the goliath grouper hog it...

Richard.

Nice shot of the black grouper; they're really neat, attractive fish and I'm surprised they don't seem to get more attention. I guess the goliath grouper hog it...

Richard.
Thank you Richard. They are much more difficult to approach than other species, usually pretty shy.

Nice, thanks for that. I missed a dive on the Spiegel Grove due to a worsening head cold a couple of months ago and now I can live vicariously.

thanks for the great images...enjoyed the flag photo the most.....i possess one of the original plastic medallions from 2002 before the aluminum ones...keep up the great reports and photos.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom