USS SPIEGEL GROVE, tuesday, 12/13/16, pictures,,,,,,,,,,,

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reefman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
a window of opportunity for diving today thru Thursday offshore the fl keys: partly cloudy, warm(83F), winds NE 7-10KTS, seas 1-2FT. double on the USS SPIEGEL GROVE buoy SG4(portside crane). crap viz, otherwise great conditions on the big wreck; no current, particulate 30-35FT of visibility, water temp 78F @ 60 -95FT. rarely observed cherub fish on starboard gunmount a highlight. pics from TIMG,,,,,,,,,,,,,

reefman
key largo

Attachments

• sg1.png
    sg1.png
    526.7 KB · Views: 146
  • sg2.png
    sg2.png
    189.4 KB · Views: 135
  • sg3.png
    sg3.png
    914.9 KB · Views: 136
  • sg4.png
    sg4.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 134
  • sg5.png
    sg5.png
    1 MB · Views: 155
  • sg6.png
    sg6.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 150
  • sg7.png
    sg7.png
    1,011.1 KB · Views: 135
  • sg8.png
    sg8.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 136
  • sg9.png
    sg9.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 139
  • sg10.png
    sg10.png
    330.7 KB · Views: 139
How did you get that much depth of field on the cuda>?

How did you get that much depth of field on the cuda>?
Thank you dumpsterDiver. The cuda shot info: ISO 400; lens set at 55mm (17-55mm lens), f10, 1/500 sec shutter speed.

Very nice! You south fl folks and your "crap viz" :)
Probably super small aperture setting I'd guess.
Thank you Skeptic14. Nikon D300, Seacam Housing, specs in previous response to dumpsterDiver. Crap Viz - 30-35 feet, tons of particulates in the water, did not shoot much today at the 17mm end, had to stay 55mm and try to find busy backgrounds to reduce backscatter. Cuda shot was with strobes powered way down and angled slightly outward, but with 1/500 shutter speed strobes had pretty much zero effect.

thanks.. yeah i would expect over exposure on the head with the flash .. so it looks more like natural light to me, but then you would not get enough light for such a small aperture. I guess there is some light on the bottom of the chin, but it just seems like a cool shot almost CG to my layman's eye..

always love your the photos...thanks for sharing...keep up the good work.

You are a talented photographer Tim!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom