Sport Kiss users/owners in Europe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wubbels

Reaction score
I've very much decided on purchase of a Sport Kiss :dazzler1: and would like to have some practical advice of users here in Central Europe (Belgium, Holland, Germany, UK, ...) or have some contacts with actual owners.

Main 3 questions:
1) Diving North-Sea and local waters (drysuit or normal 7mm wetsuit), do you actually need more (a lot more) or same amount of weight for diving (acc. to fe a 15lit single tank), does this alu or Stainless cover make much difference.

2) I think it's better to buy locally made CE approved tanks. Which are best (alu or steels). I know that CE approved alu's are heavier then same volume CE approved steels (2 or 3 liters ???).

3) Which wing/backplate would be a good combination. I already have a Halcyon Pioneer wing, is it a good idea fe. to buy a Halcyon Explorer bladder to fix to my backplate and fix the Sport K to this, or do I keep the backplate and buy the Oxycheq 40lbs (as package deal with the Sport Kiss), or do I buy the complete system wing+Apac as delivered as package deal ? I'm shure many of you have done all the tests, it would safe me time and money to go through the same process again.

wubbels:
I've very much decided on purchase of a Sport Kiss :dazzler1: and would like to have some practical advice of users here in Central Europe (Belgium, Holland, Germany, UK, ...) or have some contacts with actual owners.

Main 3 questions:
1) Diving North-Sea and local waters (drysuit or normal 7mm wetsuit), do you actually need more (a lot more) or same amount of weight for diving (acc. to fe a 15lit single tank), does this alu or Stainless cover make much difference.

2) I think it's better to buy locally made CE approved tanks. Which are best (alu or steels). I know that CE approved alu's are heavier then same volume CE approved steels (2 or 3 liters ???).

3) Which wing/backplate would be a good combination. I already have a Halcyon Pioneer wing, is it a good idea fe. to buy a Halcyon Explorer bladder to fix to my backplate and fix the Sport K to this, or do I keep the backplate and buy the Oxycheq 40lbs (as package deal with the Sport Kiss), or do I buy the complete system wing+Apac as delivered as package deal ? I'm shure many of you have done all the tests, it would safe me time and money to go through the same process again.

I don't live in europe buthere is my suggestion..

A) you guys have great pricing on steels.. I would use 2l steels.. the 13 cuft bottles here are easy to get and 2l steens are not.. The RB is light so you nned added weight and might as well use the steels..

b) the oxycheq 40 is much nicer than the explorer (oxycheq also now has a signature series 40 - its notlisted yet but it does exist - its an incredibly durable wing), the layout is perfect for the Sport.. The APAK harness supplied is really nice, the integrated pockets make it conveient. That being said I have an APAK light, still the same great harness but no pockets which I prefer..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom