Spring 2007 meet-n-greet prelim discussion (see "stuck" thread for current info)

When and where should meet n greet be held? Choose a date and location.

• April 6-8 (Easter weekend)

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • April 13-15 (Tax Day is April 17)

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • April 20-22

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • April 27-29

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • May 4-6

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • May 11-13 (Mother's Day is May 13)

Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Gilboa

Votes: 20 62.5%
  • Portage

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • White Star

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • OTHER

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gtxl1200:
must be the super cold weather or that it is super bowl weekend this is the least amount of meet n greet traffic ever.... come on people check your clander and take the poll then tell us your coming..... It is a lot of fun really it is.

You tell 'em Ted! I'd love to come, but it is all going to depend upon the weekend. Two of the options I can almost certainly make, three I know are out from the get-go due to family commitments. I'm waiting to see what the group decision is before throwing my hat in or sending my regrets.

Divin'Hoosier:
You tell 'em Ted! I'd love to come, but it is all going to depend upon the weekend. Two of the options I can almost certainly make, three I know are out from the get-go due to family commitments. I'm waiting to see what the group decision is before throwing my hat in or sending my regrets.

Theres only one weekend for sure I cant make it. and so far it is losing in the polls. So nobody vote for the weekend of the 27-29 of april

I am in favor of a late April weekend. Anything after that I simply feel that too many of us will be heading our separate ways once the short charter season on the Great Lakes starts. As well, at least one of us will be doing similar events in May with their own dive club.

I will be in a position that I may or may not be able to make it myself depending on the weekend. I hope that you pick a weekend that I can make it. There are only a couple where I can't :) .

Hi, I am kinda new to the board, well been around just not alot of posting more reading. I am interested in meeting up and debating if it will be to cold for a wetsuit diver to dive? What you all think?

mannella9:
Hi, I am kinda new to the board, well been around just not alot of posting more reading. I am interested in meeting up and debating if it will be to cold for a wetsuit diver to dive? What you all think?

I made a post earlier in this thread about the water being to cold. Only you can decide what your minimum or maximum is. If you think it is to cold to dive no problem still come anyway and meet everyone. You will more than likely meet someone to dive with later on in the season when the water reaches your particular comfort level.

mannella9:

It all depends upon your wetsuit and your personal tollerances. I dove wet last year. Surface temps were 50 F with bottom temps of 42 F. I dive a 7mm suit with a 7mm hooded vest. I've since gone dry, but I can dive wet down to the low 40s. Many folks can't. It all depends upon the personal really, and of course a nice wetsuit is critical.

mannella9:

We do have wetsuit divers who join us and we've got a lot of tips and tricks for making the dives pleasant if you're game to try. I brought students last year and most of them spent almost 70 minutes in the water on Saturday. I was cold in my drysuit just watching them but they were having a great time in their wetsuits; they didn't even pour warm water into their suits before the dives because "The water isn't that cold."

The key is a wetsuit that fits you well. Three-finger mitts instead of gloves make a big difference if your hands are prone to getting cold. The surface interval is usually the worst part but I'll have a 10x10 tent there and NotsoKen is bringing his kerosene heater. We will have a warm place to change as long as the wind isn't too bad, when it's windy the tent isn't nearly as warm.
Ber :lilbunny:

I'm in agreement that this should remain an April event. In essence the Spring M&G kicks off the GL dive season for those that don't dive year round. Along with diving it's a great opportunity to meet or get reacquainted with other divers in the area. Future quarry and more importantly wreck dives can be planned while there.

Wetsuit diving is very doable as Ber says. & there will be lots of methods to help you warm up between dives.

As a non-Winter diver, I also look to the weekend as a place to make sure my gear is functioning properly for the wreck season. & check out any cool new gear / gadgets that others purchased since last year. Any quarry is a great place to do that!

My two cents!
Paula

p.s. I'll bring the tri-pod and kettle to make hot soup between dives if the weekend chosen works for me.

diver_paula:
p.s. I'll bring the tri-pod and kettle to make hot soup between dives if the weekend chosen works for me.

Love'd the soup last year!

gtxl1200:
we always try to have a scuba gear rummage sale every year but I dont think it is ever been very successful I have given away some things. other people have brought stuff but I have never seen or at least I have never heard of anyone buying anything.

I TRIED to last year . . . but, somebody sold it before she got there . . . .

Ken

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom