Spring is here. Who's going diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The ice is going out today here in northern Muskoka. (For anyone who hasn't seen that happen, large patches are still kind of a giant slushy at the moment, surface temps around the freezing point.) There's enough open water that I was able to get a boat in the water and do a short cruise. Diving is possible, but the water is very turbid.

Just peeking at the web cams in Barrie and it looks like the ice is gone from the bay. Although there may still be some floating around further out in the lake. Hoping to have my regs back by the weekend and probably take a dip at Humber West on Sunday. Need a few more days like today (about 160 of them :) )

Well, I'm taking the diving course at the end of June, so I wont be able to dive until around then. But, I'd really love to be able to tag along with others in the area. I live in Parry Sound (Basically), so if anyone in the area doesn't mind a newcomer joining them around that time, let me know.

Scuba_18:
Thanks SS, keep me posted.

Eric - a balmy 37 degrees in the river this past weekend. I don't know your pain/stupidity threshold, but you may want to hold off a week or two until it at least hits 40.....

The guy in the wetsuit this weekend only did one dive - he gave us the "cold" sign about 10 minutes into the dive...

If your still willing to go, pm me and I'll give you my numbers. Weekends work best, but I'm usually willing and able after work as well.....

SS

that is a little cold, i won't be diving till probly the 8th so we will see when that time comes. At the bear minimum we should get together for a beer, so that i can hear about the sault diving, after work/weekend.

thanks eric

p.s. pm sent

i tend to dive when i feel safe/comfortable, when you get cold you get stupid/dangerous and although i have dan, i don't want to use it.

thanks again

I think a few ppl are getting together this Thursday late afternoon for a dive at Humber Bay if anyone is interested... Details to follow.

Humber Bay doesn't count. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom