Spring Meet N Greet XXX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

All my dive buddys have either moved out of state or are not active in the sport anymore. I don't really know any of you but would like to attend the event. I've dived Gilboa at least a dozen times the past 5 yrs. or so, including the deep side. Not really into camping much and it's been so long since I've been to Findlay, I can't remember if there are any local hotels that are reasonable. Does anyone have a suggestion? Anyway, I really need to back in the water soon and this seems like a great opportunity, thanks for the info. t

All my dive buddys have either moved out of state or are not active in the sport anymore. I don't really know any of you but would like to attend the event. I've dived Gilboa at least a dozen times the past 5 yrs. or so, including the deep side. Not really into camping much and it's been so long since I've been to Findlay, I can't remember if there are any local hotels that are reasonable. Does anyone have a suggestion? Anyway, I really need to back in the water soon and this seems like a great opportunity, thanks for the info. t

There are several Hotel/Motels in Findlay. Some used too, not sure if any still do would give you a discount if you were diving at Gilboa.

On the other hand though. Staying in Findlay your not getting The full Experience of Meet N Greet. We got a couple of Characters in this group that make the Nights around the Campfire the whole purpose of Meet N Greet. Those two should take thier show on the road.

Well, I can hang out well into the evening but when It's lights out, I need a comfortable environment. In my youth, I spent one to many nights in my tent by the campfire....LOL! Looking forward to coming out there. Any more information would be appreciated. t

Lots of options but I can usually stay there with room rates in the $55 range. There are a couple of places that might be $5 cheaper but they are pretty much dumps.

I just noticed (ain't I observant) that this M&G is listed as "XXX". Is that the number or the rating or both?

I just noticed (ain't I observant) that this M&G is listed as "XXX". Is that the number or the rating or both?

That would be both...:D:rofl3::D As usual Same rules apply what happens there stays there. :D I cant wait I'm really really stoked.

Well, I can hang out well into the evening but when It's lights out, I need a comfortable environment. In my youth, I spent one to many nights in my tent by the campfire....LOL! Looking forward to coming out there. Any more information would be appreciated. t

Hey, bigcat, maybe gtxl1200 still has room in the bunkhouse. If so, you get a warm place to sleep AND the campfire antics without having to drive to some motel. How about it, Ted; do you still have any room?

Hey, bigcat, maybe gtxl1200 still has room in the bunkhouse. If so, you get a warm place to sleep AND the campfire antics without having to drive to some motel. How about it, Ted; do you still have any room?

I think I'm at full capacity. Unless he can slide a few benjamins my way, then someone else gets bumped. I know Jim is bringing his motorhome. and michscuba or some thing like that is bringing his bunkhouse. Might see if those two have any room.

Posted via Mobile Device

Hey, I really appreciate all the consideration and am really looking forward to the event, meeting new friends and dive buddies! Like I said in my previous post, most of my friends have either left the sport or moved out of state. I'm also a public safety diver where I work and really feel much better when I can get in the water regularly which really hasn't been the case this past year. I'll be looking for a crib to hang out in for a couple days out that way and thanks for the vine. t

By the way, parking always seems to be an issue out there unless you have a campsite. I have a ton of gear to check out so what is the protocol when it comes to dropping off gear, setting up, etc. And did they ever get that big chopper that used to adorn the general parking area in the water? t

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom