Spring MegaDive dates, discussion thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubafool

Contributor
Reaction score
Once again, the time grows near.

We need to start thinking about the annual spring MegaDive. I am looking for input as far as dates. Last spring, we held the MegaDive in April instead of the more traditional May timeframe. I think that April works better than May, cooler weather, less rain, less people there, etc. So I personally would like to keep it in April, though I would welcome dissenting opinions.

For those newer members who might not know what a MegaDive is. Twice yearly a large group of ScubaBoarders get together at Ginnie Springs, a commercial campsite and dive park about 1/2 hour above Gainseville, for a 3 day weekend of camping, diving, bonfires, and just a touch of imbibing. Activities include swimming, snorkeling, tubing, canoeing, OW spring diving, river drift diving, cavern diving, cave diving, Galaxy dives, grilling, and light partying.

So, in the April vein, I was thinking of either of the first two weekends in April. What does everyone think? Any other suggestions for dates? Any potential conflicts?

Spring-Springfest(basically a Megadive in the panhandle) is being held on April 19 & 20. Might be something to keep in mind...

I know last Fall's Vortoberfest and Fall Megadive were scheduled on the same weekend, but I think I was the only person who really got ticked(I can't be at two places at once after all - LOL) about it.

Doing Full Cave on the first weekend of April as well :/

Its like it just wasn't meant to be... damn.

I would prefer later April, but whatever you decide is good for me. Will there be rum? :D

The second weekend in May would be better for me because I will be done with classes and finals.

That's to far away for me to pick a date. As the time grows closer I will be able to make a better guess if my work schedule will let me attend or not.

The second weekend in May would be better for me because I will be done with classes and finals.

I can sympathize with classes and finals, but that is also graduation season. I'm not sure if my vote counts or not, :confused:if it does I like April 11-13. :lotsalove:

Anytime after March 1st baby (the date I get to go-ahead to dive from the Doctor)!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom