Springfest IV (2011) Th Apr 28 - Sun May 1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Must be a horrible exacerbrance to pull you away from such awesome company.....

Sadly, I have to say it is looking like I will not be able to attend Springfest this year. :depressed:
If things change, I will be there in a heartbeat, New York minute, pronto, lickety-split, like white on rice, .... You get the idea.
Damn, this SUCKS!:(

hello... I'm new here, new to scuba diving, new to the area...

i'm totally clueless to "springfest" can you guys fill me in?

so questions lol

1)I will most likely buy my own gear soon minus tank... will I be able to rent tank?
2)I'll be coming alone...you guys mentioned campsites...is there cabins where I can share with someone? (couch will do)
3)how deep do you guys dive? will I need a wetsuit?
4)any thing I need to bring? food/money/other items...

more questions to come... :)

hello... I'm new here, new to scuba diving, new to the area...

i'm totally clueless to "springfest" can you guys fill me in?

so questions lol

1)I will most likely buy my own gear soon minus tank... will I be able to rent tank?
2)I'll be coming alone...you guys mentioned campsites...is there cabins where I can share with someone? (couch will do)
3)how deep do you guys dive? will I need a wetsuit?
4)any thing I need to bring? food/money/other items...

more questions to come... :)

1) There are tank rentals available through Vortex Springs Dive Shop.
2) There are cabins to rent or campsites to stay at.
3) Diving at Vortex you are looking at 60 feet fresh water (avoiding the cave). The water temps in freshwater are 68* so a wetsuit (at least 3mm) would be recommended. We also shore dive at St Andrews Jetties (depths to 70 feet) water temps are a bit warmer, but a 3mm is still recommended.
4) Bring food, money, and anything else you might need for a couple of days worth of diving.

There is a charge per day of diving at Vortex ($20-$25) but if you've never been there, then it's worth at least two dives, especially if you want to feed the fish.

There is also another spring nearby that you can dive for free (Morrison Spring). It's much prettier imo, and I'm sure if you ask around the campsite that you can find someone interested in showing you the ropes over there one day.

While James and I are there, we both agree that we would like to log as many dives as we can. However, we would really like to log saltwater dives too! We don't know the area real well and would love to be able to tag along with a group or something. If there's some of you out there that wouldn't mind and you know you're gonna be diving salt water, please let us know.

Debi
:turtle:

There are usually groups that travel to Panama City for a charter (usually around $85 for a two-tank) and for shore diving at St. Andrews Park.

There should be a thread soon on the charters, and posts about time and tides for the shore diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom