Sri Lanka v Indo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How're the crew?

How're the crew?

Hi Chilly, they are fine and work hard hauling the gear aboard as we are de kitting in the water. Pulling in a set of doubles is not easy, but I am always concerned that a second stage might catch on the side of the boat and get damaged so I make sure everything is clipped off and nothing dangling.

Currently in Sri Lanka at the moment diving HMS Hermes on a daily basis this week...,

The dive op we are using (there are 7 of us) is basic, no resort typical of Indonesia or Philippines, but if they work on it then is could be...

View attachment 407809

Do you mind if I ask which specific Dive Op you are using? I am going to be there soon, and want to get some diving in too!

Do you mind if I ask which specific Dive Op you are using? I am going to be there soon, and want to get some diving in too!

We used Deep Sea Resort at Batticaloa on the east coast. Unless you are tech trained or planning to do tech training with Feli the owner, it's probably not for you. The wreck of HMS Hermes starts at 40m and goes down to 52m.

We used Deep Sea Resort at Batticaloa on the east coast. Unless you are tech trained or planning to do tech training with Feli the owner, it's probably not for you. The wreck of HMS Hermes starts at 40m and goes down to 52m.

Oh I see. Yes, I am not a Tech Diver - YET. So could not do that. Perhaps someday. It is certainly something I am interested in. And even if I were one, I think it is the wrong side of the island to be diving this time of year?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom