SRP Tray + SRP Arms + Archon W40VR mount ideas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FX175

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi everyone,

I have the SRP tray for my Hero 3 Black and have been shooting with just the SRP CYD filter. I also managed to procure a used set of the SRP Arms with Torch mount, the one with the O-rings.

Finances have finally allowed me to add some lights to complete my setup. Wanting both red and UV capabilities, I've narrowed it down to the Archon W40VR which gives me the most bang in the $200+ bracket.

But I've noticed that it comes pre-equipped with a ball mount attached.

I can't seem to figure out how to attach the W40VR light to my existing SRP Arms.

Really hope to get a clearer idea before I pull the trigger on my purchase.

Appreciate if existing owners if a similar setup could share pics of how you did it.

Thanks in advance

U can just take the ball mount off by undoing the hex screws at its base.

Then look for a lightly larger O-ring to swap out on SRP O-ring mount at the end of the mount. Make it tight though

The base of the O-ring mount sorta sits in the grooves of the w40vr. I found that last night trying my setup. But there will still be some play. However, the slot on the tray should allow closer mounting of the light to center of mass for minimizing the torque affect.

Just beware this light is quite heavy so could tip the balance of SRP tray quite a bit if only one is used.

Last edited:
Hi tsuyoshi,

thanks for the info!
glad to know I just need additional o-rings. Mind sharing what size/code o-ring can be used?

noted on the weight tipping it, I'm aiming to purchase 2 so hopefully it'll be balanced.
on the subject of weight, the 1/2 inch arms have no problems holding the light up right?

Sorry I dont remember the O-ring size. I just sized them up at a local hardware store. You can go about 1-2 mm thicker & still fit the slot then need about few mm wider in diameter to fit a larger light.

However, after trying two smaller lights than the W40. I think 2 W40s along with the weight of the battery & the tray will make it quite heavy. the tray actually ended up as a make shift anchor/reef hook during a mild current condition since I had it clipped to the BC front D-ring.

Last thing is that the O-ring is prone to breaking so have many spare that you can swap out...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom