SS Buckles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

apivonka

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Looking to make my harness adjustable and saw these.
Who's used them and what are the pros and cons from your perspective...

SS Buckles instructions pdf

ss-buclel.jpg

SubGravity also sells them in their harness...

You are looking at 2 different things. The link is to Golem Gear which supplies just the buckles or a harness with only one buckle on one shoulder strap. The video is a Sub Gravity whole harness system. I have a Sub Gravity single tank BP/W with the adjustable harness and love the harness system, it's clean, simple and no plastic. Adjustable Harness System - SubGravity

I have a Sub Gravity single tank BP/W with the adjustable harness and love the harness system, it's clean, simple and no plastic.

Is this particular buckle really easy to adjust especially when trying to loosen up the should straps? I have an adjustable harness setup from an European company but it is slightly different and not easy to loosen the should straps.

Looking to modify my continuous webbing and use the ss buckles (x2) for adjustment and ease on/off

Another option is to use hardware that allows the webbing to slide through the lower guides on the back plate. The concept is unbuckling the belly band allows slack to be pulled through the guides that looses the shoulder strap. I can't find the links but they are available.

Here is what I do on my Freedom plates:

1656865629098.png

The concept goes back to the plastic backplates used in the 1960s-1990s.

1656865790322.png

1656866114152.png

Is this particular buckle really easy to adjust especially when trying to loosen up the should straps? I have an adjustable harness setup from an European company but it is slightly different and not easy to loosen the should straps.
Yes. it's basically the same as a jacket harness, you lift up on the buckles to loosen the straps. You can also release the buckles quickly with one finger. They use a really soft webbing for the straps. In the video (39 to 49 sec) you can see they sew soft webbing to the regular webbing that is used for the waist belt.

Back
Top Bottom