SSI Cave???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AuburnFan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I would eventually like to be cave certified and didnt know if SSI had a cave cert. I have looked at there website but all i saw was the tech training for deep diving. If SSI doesnt have one can anyone a make suggestion as to which cave training agency i should use one day?

SSI does not have a cave diving certification. Just like with OW certification, the most important part of the cave training is your instructor. There are excellent instructors from all of the major agencies -- NACD, NSS-CDS, IANTD, NAUI, TDI, GUE, etc. (sorry if I missed somebody!). You can find good instructors through recommendations of friends, your LDS, or go on the cave diving section here, the Deco Stop (Welcome to decostop.com), or Cave Diver's
Forum (Media). Best of luck.

Just my 2 cents as someone with a variety of c-cards from a variety of different agencies (NASDS, SSI, NAUI, IANTD, TDI)

that's helpful as I was thinking about going to Ginnie Springs, FL to do cave training.

Aurberfan and Tango Diver......

Debersole answer was right on the money.... I would add that to my knowledge none of the Recreational Dive agencies (SSI, PADI, PDIC, NAUI, SDI,.....) have a cave course. All the Cave Cert courses are excellent ...

good luck with your cave diving experiences

-Ray

I actually know one of the NAUI tech Cave Instructor Trainers. Chris Loughery. My wife will not however let me do cave even though she heard Chris say that the wrecks I like to dive are inherently more dangerous than caves. She gave me such a look! I told her too late now baby!

Well I stand corrected.... I was primarily talking about the Recreational divisions/Agencies.... Sorry.

And knowing what I went through with my Basic NAUI Diver back in 1980ish I am sure that the NAUI tech stuff is good

-Ray

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom