St John 6 PAQ Scuba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Funland111

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Since I can't get to the islands at this time I have been reading some of the St John postings. I was surprised at reserve cop's May 25th posting about 6PAQ, and my experience with Colette was just the opposite. I viewed the size of Colette's boat as more of an advantage than otherwise. The dive sites are in close relation to St John, so a larger boat is not really needed. The more important factor is there are only 5 other divers to deal with, as compared to some cattle boats that I have been on previously. This arrangement forces you to organize your equipment, and utilize the space provided. I have been taught to setup my own equipment, and the first thing on the list is to check the tank's inspection sticker. I did not see a rental sticker on any of the tanks I used. The visual inspection sticker looked in order to me and was probably done by another dive shop, but I'm not completely sure on that point. What impressed me with Colette's operation was her attention to detail. When I did my discover dive with Lowkey I was given 23lbs of lead ( I currently dive with 12lbs) and at that time I didn't know any better. Colette gave all the new divers weight checks, which enhanced their experience. We all have our good days and bad, but at the end of the day what really matters is how the experience affects our diving ability. I can honestly say I am a better diver having spent a week diving with Colette.

Funland111

I did a learn to dive with her and it got me hooked! She goes over everything even with certified divers which I think it great and safe. The cost and the fact that my dive buddies want to go elsewhere has kept me away from her operation for a few trips but I would and probably will dive with her again even if it is alone.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom