St. John 7/31-8/7 /w Canon S90

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maybe it is just because I come from a time before autofocus but my favorite position (setting) for that quasi useful feature is OFF. Why not just preset focus and either use the magnifier function or a focus wand/frame like we did with the Nikonos camera?

I am not a macro guy but I have played around some with the S90 using preset focus with macro and also with and without the UCL165AD, I see no reason it should not work and yield good results. OBTW, set your S90 to Macro and then go to the top ring control function button and set MF and you will then turn the front ring control and notice your focus scale on the lower right of the LCD is different from in the normal range.

I have already shot my efforts playing with wide angle, I will leave the macro trouble shooting to someone who gives a damn about macro, which isn't me. Just trying to offer a useful direction to move in.

I read a number of photo forums and all people do, in general, about all of today's cameras, is complain about autofocus, it is slow, it is not accurate, what is it focusing on, why, why this, why that, it is so s-l-o-w and blah, blah, wahhhhhhhhhhh, waaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh. Hey, Canon, could you please just give me a little camera with a big sensor and Manual every freaking thing. If you must, toss in an Av mode and call it good, wwaaaaaaahhhhhhhh.

I hate auto focus, I could focus and shoot my old Nikon FMII faster than or as fast as today's cameras, autofocus is a solution upgraded to the SLR work from P&S cameras and is largely a solution to a problem that never existed. I am hoping that someday we rediscover photography.

N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom