St. Lawrence Water Temperature - alxn6 no longer reports water temerature

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

djshaw

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I dive the Canadian side of the St. Lawrence, but I find that the water temperature reported by alxn6 is a good approximation for what I can expect. It appears that it hasn't emitted any water temperature information since January 2019. Does anyone know if it will ever report water temperature again? Or if there's another good source of water temperature in the river?

Probably like the NOAA buoys off the pacific coast, next time they do scheduled maintenance on the buoy it will be fixed. Not likely that there will be a special repair trip.

Bob

I don't typically use the NOAA data but they probably don't record through the winter as the water is frozen. Even now the water is only a couple degrees above freezing (and cools at night).

As for other sources, I like the St Lawrence Seaway website: Seaway System - Recreational Boating click on the "Water levels and Environmental Data" link.

I like that resource, @Pinecube! Thanks!

Looks like alxn6 is starting to log water temperature data again. The maintenance cycle came earlier than I expected. I was thinking that the maintenance wouldn't occur buoys started going into the water. Thanks @Bob DBF

The maintenance cycle came earlier than I expected.

Now that I think of it, it could also be a glitch in the data transmission and/or processing from the buoy to/or in the NOAA computer. In which case it is faster to fix.

Bob

Its working currently. Temp today 44.8* F.

even a broken clock is correct twice a day... :D

Glad to see it is functional.Now, if they can get the levels under control, and the clarity doen't tank again...

Back
Top Bottom