St Lucia, Dominica, Barbados

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well there is plenty of turtles but in the North (St Pierre) or to the west (Anses d'Arlet). Not near the diamond rock where I usually dive.

Jaybombs25 who were you using for a DO while diving in St. Lucia

jaybombs25:
I can't really tell you for dominica. But i know in St. Lucia we have PLENTY... The diving in soufriere is nothing short of absolutely spectacluar. Especailly at the base of the pitons where the wall drops to thousands of feet and every centimeter is covered in hard or soft coral. Many tutles, barracuda, too many reef fish to remember and too many eels to make them even worth pointing out anymore. Also all the way up the coast we have nice reefs most in the 65 ft range and more even shalllow with max depths of 45 ft where you can see just as much on any given dive from seahorses to snake eels and squid. We also have 2 wrecks Lesleen M. which is a great wreck especailly for new divers. Great vis most times 80+ sometme 100+ shallow wit max depth of 65ft ( and thats lying down on the sand near the props yes i did it :$) .. Tonsss of fish many eels including garden eels, snake eels,sharptail eels, gold spotted eels, spotted, goldentail, and green morays. There are even frogfish though I haven't seen one yet. The other wreck is more advanced and lies in 100 ft of water but has just as many creatures including some bigger fish like tarpon and cudas. If you like macro you'll have just as uch fun with small blennies, gobys, jawfish, nudis, flamingo tongues, seahorses.

Well I live in St. Lucia

The two best ops are Eastern Caribbean Diving and Dive Fair Helen..choose one depending on where you are staying

To tell you the truth I do not like scuba steve. They are quiet impolite on the waters, not the most friendly people and have had a lot of issuse, i.e internal politics and also being shut down for a while for not having a license to lead dives. I think your best route is eastern Caribbean or Dive Fair Helen. If location is an issue, you can also go with Frogs Diving

stephhhhh:
Which one would you recommend the most? For lots of colors, lots of turtles :D
Trip to be done at the end of May/ beginning of June.
thanks
can't say about DR .. gonna try it out next, but St. Lucia is very nice and so is Barbados...

Do a search on this site for Dominica. Very good diving. And very important - it is definitely not the same as the Dominican Republic - nowhere near and nowhere like.

We found Dominica a really friendly easy-going place to be around. The diving in St Lucia - as I remember it - seemed deeper and more current. Dominica has brilliant small to medium stuff and there are sites like Champagne where hot gases bubble up from the sea floor.

Jaybombs,
"Barbados doesn't have good diving" Thousands of people would disagree.
Have you ever dived in Barbados? if so where and when?
May not be the best in the world but still regarded as pretty good.
This week alone I have seen eagle rays, sting rays and squid doing the wild thing inches from the divers, also turtles on every dive, plus all the usual tropicals.
I know the question was about diving, but Barbados has much more to offer than a lot of destinations.
Not bad in my humble opinion.
Sculpin.

Sculpin or others, about Barbados, I will be there in early June staying at the Colony Club on the west coast. Who is the dive shop associated with the resort? Are they any good (small boat, advanced dives, etc..)? Other dive shop to consider? This is not a dive vacation but I should be able to escape a few times to dive while the boss lady is enjoying the beach.

Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom