St. Maarten, Saba, Statia, St. Kitts: Firsthand opinions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anyone have reviews of the dive operations and/or accommodations on Saba? We're thinking of going there this summer - either the week before or the week after July 4th.

Thanks!

I am familiar with St. Kitts, Statia and Sint Maarten. Very cool intinerary..don't think about it too much, DO IT..Saba and Statia will tickle your dive fancy..not sure about Sint Maarten or St. Kitts BUT both islands have other diversions..I would not pick either as a dive spot but will defer to those with experience.

a liveaboard isn't an option for us, since a couple of people in our group are pretty prone to motion sickness. They don't mind taking the Bonine for the boat trips to the sites, but don't want to have to keep themselves drugged for our whole vacation.

We've been looking at staying at Queen's Gardens Resort: Queen's Gardens Resort a Hampshire Classic Hotel

Sounds really nice, and pretty affordable, too! Anyone on here stay there? Can anyone offer a review of it or any other place to stay on Saba? How about other dive operations?

Thanks,
Kristy

Sea Saba is the best dive operation I have ever dived with. You wont be disappointed. I'm going back in October for my third visit and that says a lot as I rarely go to the same island twice.

Sea Saba is the best dive operation I have ever dived with. You wont be disappointed. I'm going back in October for my third visit and that says a lot as I rarely go to the same island twice.

My daugher and I are doing Saba in May for 8 days and we are using SeaSaba. Our first trip there but I have been happy with the correspondence and assistance from Seasaba to date.

Basically I e-mailed them and said this is when I am coming - handle what ever I need - and they have!

My daugher and I are doing Saba in May for 8 days and we are using SeaSaba. Our first trip there but I have been happy with the correspondence and assistance from Seasaba to date.

Basically I e-mailed them and said this is when I am coming - handle what ever I need - and they have!

Hey DeputyDan, when will you be there in May my wife and I will be there 3rd through the 10th and diving with SeaSaba

Up in the air on location for next trip. Update us when you return. Dining prices and guide on where to eat. Grocery options for cottage stay if we decide. We are leaning towards Sea Saba and Juliana's. Hang up is getting there is more expensive than staying and diving. Most direct from WI is 10 hours, Chicago actually, if we don't want to do an over night some where. Yes, I would like some whine with my cheese. We've got the cheese and we are always on the lookout for a new wine to try.

WI Divers

Hey wi divers, you wont be sorry about Sea Saba or Juliana's. I'm taking a group back to Saba in October (out of ORD too) for our third trip to Saba. Matter of fact we are doing a week on Saba and a week on Statia. If you're interested I'll send you my info. Lynn at Sea Saba and I go back a few years and she cut me a pretty good deal.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom