St. Martin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

maybe you can be more specific what kind of input you're looking for?

The north side is French, the south side is Dutch, the traffic is horrible, the airport is in the southeast part as I recall - and people on the beach at the end of the runway get knocked down by jet wash when a big one lands or takes off. I did a couple of dives once on the south/Dutch side one a decade ago but while I don't have current info - that's where the diving is I think. The northern/French beaches are topless, and Orient beach was nude.

It'll be a short hop to St.Barth, an interesting island to visit - also French, but even more expensive. I think the best diving will be at nearby Saba, also Dutch. Flying to either will be an adventure. :pilot:

I spent a week on the Dutch side of St Maarten. The diving was OK. I flew over to Saba for a day. The diving was tremendous. The flight is worth the trip--world's shortest runway, and it needs every inch.

Overall, with the amenities on the island and all else put together, I had a good week, and I would do it again.

maybe you can be more specific what kind of input you're looking for?

i second the motion

Back
Top Bottom