St Pedro freedive.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

derek b

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
New to the forums. Its a pretty large forum and not sure the best place to post this was. So I double posted:idk:

All of Janurary my dive buddy paul and I have been diving St. Pedro wreck In hopes of getting some great photos of a freediver and the submarine. Getting the shots turned out to be harder than expected as The submarine passes the wreck once every 45+ min. The first couple trips out there we were trying to play it by site and dive down to the bottom when we saw the sub comming twds us. That worked out very poorly as neither of us where prepared for a deep dive so suddenly. On the third trip out we decided just to hang out on the boat and time the tour, directions, stops, how long it takes to turn around ect, and plan out our dive plans. That helped us greatly.

floor bottom is 87', tip of wreck is 56' longest dive was 2:26.

more photos can be seen on my smugmug

cool shots, I remember seeing you guys out there. Be careful though, the subs move up and down suddenly and you never know when they might stop or change directions.

Hey,

where you the sub capt that came over and said hi?

Here are a couple more photos. these where taken on the seventh

Yes, fancy camera...

Look for a full-page photo by Derek B taken from that day to appear in the new issue of Hawaii Skin Diver. It will be the "One Breath" photo near the back of the magazine.

Sincerely,

Black Sheep (those who see the photo will get it)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom