St Thomas USVI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wrongway

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Going back home to St Thomas (haven't been back since I was 9). I am planning on diving while during my short stay. I am not familiar with the dive centers on the island and was hoping to get some advice.

Has anyone been to any of these places:

Admiralty Dive Center
Blue Island Divers
Red Hook Dive Center
Dive Aqua Marine

I am more interested in wreck diving vs reef, but I wouldn't mind a reef dive. Any suggestions would be most appreciated :kiss2:

I can only personally vouch for Blue Island Divers. My wife and I have dove with them many times, and will continue to do so. Have done numerous wreck dives with them as well and have never had a boat ride longer then 10-15mins to any of the big wrecks. From our map of STT they appear to be the closest dive shop to all wrecks people want to see. They are a very professional and personable group and I know you'd have a good time with them.

Thanks Ant. I have been corresponding with DJ from Blue Island. That wouldn't be your testimonial on their website is it? I've been reading several positive reviews regarding them. This is good. Thank you kindly.

Seek, When is your trip and where are you staying? Have fun!!

Jennifer

Since most of the frequently dove wrecks are south of CA, I would go with Blue Island or Admiralty.

Red Hook took over from Chris Sawyers in the Yacht Harbor (East End) a couple years ago. They dive around Grass Cay and down towards Cow and Calf but there's no wrecks in that area afaik except the Gen'l Rogers.

Admiralty Dive Center is the best operation on St. Thomas, hands down. Duane, Laura, and Fishbutt (John) will make your experience the best. They dive more wrecks than anyone. If you don't want to do wrecks, they will do other reefs. Fishbutt has been diving St. Thomas for years and knows literally every nook and cranny where stuff hides. Duane and Laura are no slouches either. They do everything for you. They set up your gear, take it down, rinse it, hang it to dry, and have it waiting for you ready to go when you leave. I don't know of any other shop that does that. Admiralty. The Best.

Back
Top Bottom