St Thomas USVI...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

colo_diver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Going to the USVI in Feb and looking for some recommendations on places to stay and a dive shop on ST Thomas.....thanks

My wife and I dove with Chris Sawyer in Feb 2004. He runs a very professional operation. The dive of the Rhone is not to be missed. It consists of a nice boat ride down the Drake Channel followed by a couple of nice dives on a neat wreck. It is a great way to see alot of the Islands. Have fun!

Tommed

Ditto on chris's op.....and his shop is at the Rennaisance Hotel....which can have some pretty decent deals...

If you do the Rhone....be sure to take your passport...it is in British waters.

Also....cheap eats in town....and in local small places...hotel food...EXPENSIVE

I can give a third recommendation for Sawyer's op. You won't be sorry.

I was there last month. I dove with Blue Island Divers. They ran a great organization and had a great boat. They did no hand holding and at the most, only 4 customers on board. I've heard that Sawyer's does quite a bit of hand holding.

The diving in St. Thomas is so easy I don't think you need any hand holding. Sawyer's op definitely assessed skill level on the first dive and paid appropriate extra attention to newer divers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom