St. Vincent and Grenadines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Peitaho

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi, I'm going to be on St. Vincent and Bequia - one week on each island - end of November. Wondering about dive opportunities, dive operators, tasty dive sites, and any other recommendations. Has anyone on this board been there? RSVP and thanks!

Where are you staying?

Been a number of times to St Vincent (last in 2004) and once to Bequia (1999). We'd go more often if it wasn't such a pain to get to. Part of the reason we haven't been back in awhile is we kept hoping the new airport would open soon, but it's very much on island time. We last dove the area by liveaboard in 2009. So it's been a long time, but I know not a lot of people go there compared to other places, so I'll chime in anyway. It's quite possible things haven't changed much there. :wink:

We've always used Dive St Vincent. I believe Bill is long since retired back to the states, but we've dove many times with DJ and Callie and they're great. I don't recall specific sites without digging out an ancient log, but we've generally found the further north you can get up the coast, the better. If they still run a day trip up to the waterfall with diving along the way it's worth doing.

We took the ferry from SV to Bequia, which is a really neat little island we will hopefully get around to again. We used Dive Bequia and they were good. I recall diving at Moonhole, which is cool at least to see Moonhole from the water. And a site at the end of the island called Washing Machine (use your imagination.) We also dove near the islands of Petit Nevis and Isle A Quatre. I think Dive Bequia will pretty much pick up anyplace along the harbor, including off sailboats, but it's easy to walk along the beach to many places. There were a surprising number of restaurants there for the size of the place, because it's a popular place for the sailing crowd to drop anchor.

Thanks for all that info, one of the attractions to SV and Bequia is that they are off the beaten path. Of course, this makes rooting out reliable guidance for dive shops, quality of reef/marine life, etc. a bit tricky. I'm still digesting your post and weaving it into my travel plans. Hope I have as much fun as you did.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom