Standard MOD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok, so the MOD uniquely identifies things except for a few cases that aren't a problem in practice. Got it ;-)

Ok, so the MOD uniquely identifies things except for a few cases that aren't a problem in practice. Got it ;-)
Yup, on the dives where you need a 120 deco bottle you're not going to need a 120 stage.

Having dozens of gas mixes is a great way to split up courses and make more money. Beyond that, it just confuses things IMO. GUE standard gases work great for 90% of the worlds diving. If you have local conditions that dictate other gases, do like JJ said in his very first standard gas article and create gases for those conditions, just don't change things every dive.

18/45 = 190
21/35 = 150

21/35=190

EDIT

and 18/45 is not 190 when used as a deco gas (240?) and it's not (for me) a 190 MOD for a bottom stage either.

Second edit (sorry)

21/35 = 190 (deco gas) and/or 150-160 (bottom stage? or 190 bottom stage ? or is that 18/45 ?)

18/45 = 190 bottom stage ? (or 200 or 220?) OR 240 (deco gas)

Help ... my head is exploding :)

Last edited:
Yup, on the dives where you need a 120 deco bottle you're not going to need a 120 stage.

Having dozens of gas mixes is a great way to split up courses and make more money. Beyond that, it just confuses things IMO. GUE standard gases work great for 90% of the worlds diving. If you have local conditions that dictate other gases, do like JJ said in his very first standard gas article and create gases for those conditions, just don't change things every dive.

there is no 120 standard bottom gas

Close to 190 :wink:

200 for sure. I admit I have used it to 220 even though thats a tad more narcotic than 100 feet...15/55 would have been better in those cases.

i've taken it to 225ish in my younger wilder days :p
i was a little loopy on that dive

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom