Standard tipping amount - Bilikiki

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vetdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi, all -

My husband and I are doing the Bilikiki liveaboard in the Solomons next year, and I am trying to get a final budget together. This is our first liveaboard, so we are a little unsure about what kind of gratuity to provide the crew. A brief search here shows 10-15% of the charter cost to be average gratuity for a great trip (which we anticipate) - does this sound right to most of you?

thanks - Allison

vetdiver:
Hi, all -

My husband and I are doing the Bilikiki liveaboard in the Solomons next year, and I am trying to get a final budget together. This is our first liveaboard, so we are a little unsure about what kind of gratuity to provide the crew. A brief search here shows 10-15% of the charter cost to be average gratuity for a great trip (which we anticipate) - does this sound right to most of you?

thanks - Allison

That's what I do.

I'm jealous. Bilikiki is on my "must do" list.

Cheers,

jakubson:
I'm jealous. Bilikiki is on my "must do" list.

Oh, gosh, DON'T be. There will be no dinners out, no major splurges of any kind, no expensive gifts for either of us, and a lot of whining about sticking to the budget until next JUNE!! My poor husband is probably already regretting this trip decision...oh, and the "no kids" decision really helped, but that's another tale for another day. We did use miles for our airfare to Australia, which has also helped quite a bit.

Thanks for the info - I did find a few threads about this, was hoping someone could specifically address the Solomons - it's a bit troubling, as I have several references saying NOT to tip in the Solomons, but I think that's on land. We'll plan for a 10-15% tip and see what transpires. That means no Taco Bell, either...

Thanks again for the replies...

Back
Top Bottom