starter looking for some advice on BCs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

While i haven't tried them until now, i really cant see myself wearing a drysuits ever (i WANT to get wet damn it :) ).
everyone says that till they dive dry heck I even said that, now that I have a drysuit my dive seasons are extended and I am much more comfortable in cold water and on my 2nd dive of the day I'm not struggling into a cold and wet suit and when purchasing a wing try to find wings with bladder bungee these will keep the wing from flapping as well as help deflate it once dry

when purchasing a wing try to find wings with bladder bungee these will keep the wing from flapping as well as help deflate it once dry

If your wing is "flapping", it's probably too big......or just trying to get away.

Last edited:
Maybe you could use bungees to secure it........[emoji38]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bungee wings of death they are sometimes referred to. There is no reason to go with a bungeed wing. Get the right size wing for the set up.

Sure there is: it was the right size and it was on sale. And then I untied the bungee cord and pulled it out. :D

Bungee wings of death they are sometimes referred to. There is no reason to go with a bungeed wing. Get the right size wing for the set up.

only the OMS wings are the bondage wings. The actual bungeed ones like the rec wing etc aren't going to trap air in them, but it is still a weird wing design for single tanks. It works well enough if you dive doubles 98% of the time and only dive singles once or twice a year, but it's a bad choice for dedicated singles use.

Maybe you could use bungees to secure it........[emoji38]

Do I really have to write sarcasm? The emoji wasn't enough?

If your wing is "flapping", it's probably too big......or just trying to get away.

Why are they referred to as bungee wings of death I am purchasing an oms wing with bungee it gas 96lbs of lift everyone I dive has bungied wings cuz it keeps them streamlined when not inflated they don't need the extra lift but it is there if needed

Why are they referred to as bungee wings of death I am purchasing an oms wing with bungee it gas 96lbs of lift everyone I dive has bungied wings cuz it keeps them streamlined when not inflated they don't need the extra lift but it is there if needed

It's a somewhat sarcastic reference to old Internet battles. Even though it probably won't really kill you, why in the world do you think you need a wing with that much lift? Are you going to mount a small outboard motor on it? For some reason those things seem to be popular on boats in the UK, but I don't know why.

Last edited:
It's a somewhat sarcastic reference to old Internet battles. Even though it probably won't really kill you, why in the world do you think you need a wing with that much lift? Are you going to mount a small outboard motor on it? For some reason those things seem to be popular in boats in the UK, but I don't know why.

They're not that popular in the UK. You see a few of them around, but most people have sensible sized wings for the diving they are doing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom