Starter Scuba Suiting Scrooge-Airline’s Suitcase

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@Kharon
The size 19” is about what I am facing to fit most airlines i take to florida, Mexico and Carribean, so i can keep one bag packed at all times that will work for any last minute deal on airfare.
I do wear full hiking outfit on plane, since that is my alternate activity with non diver son. Otherwise wearing boots on plane is great idea i will try someday.
A capacious windbreaker pocket for my reg might also help.
@Marie13 i believe the kind of protected blade in my line cutter will pass, but i can afford to lose it if it does not, buy, beg or borrow something to cut line once I’m there.

Scubapro Go Fins - my favorite fins and no trimming necessary
And they outperform, any other compact fin in fact they perform better in some ways than even mt Eddy’s which only do very slightly better in a frog kick.

BC: DECO 22 lb. sidemount rig, XDeep spine weight pocket, and two ScubaPro trim pockets worn inverted for up to 6 lb. of front ditchable weight. DECO BC is a harness plus basically an MSR water bladder plus inflation hose. The XDeep Stealth classic might also work, but my Tec redundant 42 lb. filled my carry on.
sm2_1.jpg
de-skelton.jpg
xdeep-central-spine-trim-weight-pocket-for-sidemount.jpg
SCPXTCWP.jpg

Fins: Force Fin Hockey (XL 18 x 8.5 x 5"), (or Pros L 17 x 12 x 4.2” 3.4 lb., or likely Flying) fit uncut. My Pros are awesome; my Hockey will get wet Thursday, TBD, but were well recommended for power and tech kicks use.
Go Travel are 3-4" longer at XS-S 19", M-L 20.5", XL 22" though lighter at 2.6 lb, Scubapro Go Travel Fin
Accel are max 21" and < 3 lb. Accel

Reg: Deep6 turret reg set, though Xstream 2nd (and non-turret 1st) are smaller and also self serviceable.

Mask: Mako mini
Tank rigging kit: 2x band clamp, bolt snap, hose bands, double ender, neck leash, tape measure and screw driver.
Lights: DGX 600 w/ sock & DGX 300
Dive Comp and Compass
EMT shears
Slate and pencil
DSMB and spool
Divelogger

The above less the DECO BC (that I don't have) and weight pockets in a 22" carry on (but with a balanced 109 2nd, and only one bare 5.5" band clamp):
IMG_0470.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom