State creates refuge area for whale shark near Cancun

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow! That’s more than I’d ever imagine lol. So it’s $125 to snorkel? Plus you have to catch the ferry to Isla Mujeres? What’s that cost? Cancun seems to have high priced excursions lol at least compared to other places I’ve been.

Wow! That’s more than I’d ever imagine lol. So it’s $125 to snorkel? Plus you have to catch the ferry to Isla Mujeres? What’s that cost? Cancun seems to have high priced excursions lol at least compared to other places I’ve been.

With Ultramar from Puerto Juarez to Isla Mujeres cost 80 pesos ($4.15 with the falling pesos value) & it takes 15 minutes. How to get to Isla Mujeres, Mexico

Right now is the best time to go.

I don’t stay in Cancun. I go straight from the airport to Isla Mujeres & stay there. You’ll also be about an hour less boat ride (one way) to where the whaleshark party compare to those guys coming from Cancun or Cozumel or Playa Del Carmen. Since you need to be there early in the morning, you don’t need to get up at wee hour to get to the boat if you stay in Isla Mujeres.

Last edited:
So is this snorkeling from a boat or from the shore? I’m headed to Cancun in 3 weeks

So is this snorkeling from a boat or from the shore? I’m headed to Cancun in 3 weeks

From a boat. Watch the video I posted in post #8. The boat ride would be about 1 hour from Isla Mujeres or 2 hours from Cozumel.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom