Stay in Playa del Carmen or Cozumel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We just came back from staying at El Presidente, and diving with Scuba Tony. We'd been with another operator in the past, but they've gotten big boats, which we (group of 4) prefer to stay away from. No issue with the operator, we just like smaller groups.

El Presidente has remodeled; there's only one dock now, right outside the open air restaurant, and everyone uses it.
We were exceedingly happy with Scuba Tony; I was way impressed with both the dive master and the boat captain. We were alone 2 of 4 days, and with 2 other divers the other two. Very relaxed diving (one of the reasons we like small boats), we dove at our own depth and pace. Super site selection; some of our group has been diving at Coz since the 90's, so it's not like there are tons of new sites, but the fishies are always different, and we like fishies…

I'd recommend ST very highly indeed. Based on this year, I'd've been happy if we'd changed a couple of years ago. The dive master was a consultant, not a boss, but he showed us lots of good things as well. We're experienced divers who prefer to stay shallower, so that's a great approach for us.

Wendy P.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom