Staying at the Atlantis next week any suggestions on dive locations...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Moose

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
At the last min I am heading down to the Bahamas and staying at the Atlantis. I am trying to locate good dive ops in the area. Do you have any suggestions? We also would love some recommendations on where to eat and what are the must see things in that area.

Stuart Cove's is the bigger diveop in the area. They're on the south side of New Providence but will shuttle you from Atlantis. Your other option is Bahama Divers, they're at the base of the bridge to Paradise Island so walking distance vs. a 30-45 min. ride to SC's. Surprisingly they're about the only two operators left on the island.

Bahamas Diving Association: Official Dive Association for the Islands of The Bahamas

Another option is Custom Aquatics, they do private charters starting around $700-1000/day.

You're staying at the must-see thing in the area..LOL

Moose..when are you going to be there. I too just found out I'm going there. I'll be at Atlantis Feb. 2-5...and just signed up with Staurt Cove for Feb. 3 & 4.

Moose..when are you going to be there. I too just found out I'm going there. I'll be at Atlantis Feb. 2-5...and just signed up with Staurt Cove for Feb. 3 & 4.

We arrive this Sunday the 27th and fly out on Wednesday. I will let you know what I find if I can make it back to a PC on Thursday.

Several of the James Bond movies were made in Nassau and they left the underwater sets there. Here is my video:

James Bond Nassau

Enjoy your trip.

Several of the James Bond movies were made in Nassau and they left the underwater sets there. Here is my video:

James Bond Nassau

Enjoy your trip.

Thanks we are in the car and on our way to Ft Lauderdale. Our flight is in the am.
I will take a look when we make it to the hotel tonight.

Hi All,

I'll be there in July. A few years ago I did the shark dive with Stuart Cove; great experience, but I don't want the 45 min bus ride again. Let me know if Bahamas Divers are worth it..... Thanks.

I did my divemaster cert at Bahama divers this past summer. I go to the bahamas often and I have done both places. This is my oppinion. I think both take divers to good sites. I feel that Stuart Coves is more commercialized seeking to put as many boats out and get as much money as possible. So whatever attitudes that creates I think you will feel that. Bahama divers has a much larger dive shop and store if that interests you. The people working with them are more laid back, still professional, and I think will give you a better overall experience. I had a chance to see them operate over many days from a behind the scenes point of view. I know they were very accomodating to my schedule as well. Thats my oppinion.

Also if you are staying at the atlantis, they are right there. That is a nice benefit especially at the end of the day when you just want to get back to your room. You won't have to take an hour ride back, I say an hour because you have to stop at every other persons hotel as well.

IMHO...

How that I remember, I actually paid a taxi to take me back so I could be sure to make it to a sunset cruise (which ended up being cancelled anyway.) Thanks for your opinions, and location will definitely win the coin toss this time. I really hope they will go to the lost blue hole or the shark buoy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom