Staying in Varadero, but want to dive Isla de la Juventud

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

leeksallovertheplace

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all,

I'll be staying in Varadero, Cuba, but want to dive Isla de la Juventud in the west. Are there any dive shops in Vara that will take you there? Or how would I get to the local marina where the dive boats to Juventud leave from. Not having much luck contacting anyone in Cuba.

OR

Any flight details from Havana would be appreciated as well.

Cheers all!

There is a dive operation that I have used for a few years that I highly recommend. The contact in Cuba is Orestes Sanchez who can be reached at ph. 0115352717011 or email Orestes.sanchex@gmx.com. I usually dive The Bay of Pigs with Orestes and it is world class pristine wall diving. The day will set you back 100 cuc but it includes two dives with tanks and weights plus an excellent local lunch. The tour of the country side is a bonus! They also pick you up and drop you off at your resort. Recently they have a Canadian office that you can also contact. Check out their web at adventuredivers.ca. Good luck!

Thanks, Barry! I'll definitely give them a call. And Bay of Pigs is definitely on the list of dive sites as well.

Thanks again for the info.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom