Staying north of town... Advice on dive op

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I also vouch for Aldora and the villa is very close. I just did my 8th trip with them last month and wouldn't dive with anyone else. Steel 120 high pressure tanks so nice long dives that average 75 minutes, I've done many 85 minute or longer dives as well. No more than 6 divers per DM and they will pair you up with similarly skilled divers and go to the far southern sites like Maracaibo that some operators wont go to. Check out their Trip Advisor reviews, can't go wrong.

Thanks Guys, really helpful information. I booked with Aldora today. Now all that's left to do is blow bubbles!

Start doing some squats, those tanks are heavy :wink: but you can drop some weight. I normally dive with 4-6 lbs depending on wetsuit thickness but never add any weight with the heavier tanks.

When empty the HP 120 tanks weigh 4 lbs more than an aluminum 80. Just take 4 lbs off your weight belt. Plus you never have to climb a ladder with your gear on, just pass the BC and tank up to the captain before you climb out.

In my opinion, the HP 120s and HP 100s present the perfect buoyancy characteristics for diving and offer 50% more air. That is why I pay three times as much for them.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

PS Don't confuse the HP steel Tanks with LP steel tanks. The LPs are MUCH heavier.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom