Steve Gamble

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No Way!! He was one of the nicest and most helpful drysuit guys in Florida. Even had me come to his house on a sunday morning at 7am to install a shoulder valve while pouring us coffee. After he moved the business, I still would bring wetsuit and drysuit problems to him and bounce ideas to use. He's one of those dive icon's that everyone knew and appreciated.

Great guy. He probably added more to the Cave and Technical diving community than most people will ever realize. Without thermal and environmental protection, the caves and wrecks would never have been pushed to the current limits.

This is very sad news to hear. I first met Steve in 2007 when he was working out of his home and he repaired my drysuits right up to his retirement at D3 circa 2020 when he custom fit me for ordering a new drysuit. I also bought out his final supply of custom made DUI bottleneck wrist seals which I continue to enjoy but will need to replace rather soon. Steve was a true gentleman with a dry and rather funny sense of humour that I very much enjoyed. We were close to the same age and he was a runner so I'm curious of his cause of passing? I had earnestly wished for him to have a long and enjoyable retirement. I'm sorry that he didn't.

I learned more about drysuits in one conversation with Steve than in years of diving, courses, etc. Sad to hear. He was another legend.

Before Steve repaired a drysuit, he was a pretty good cave diver. Had a great sense of humor, used to tell me my suit was crap and he would not repair it again, until he did. RIP Steve!

Back
Top Bottom