sth GBR Lady Elliot and Lady Musgrave Islands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dannydiver

Registered
Reaction score
Hello,
I've heard Lady Elliot and Lady Musgrave in the sthn part of GBR are really nice but need more info.
Am looking to spend a week in Bargara/Bundaberg area and do some diving and turtle watching. Anyone have any info or has anyone been to this area??

I'm certainly not an expert on the area, but I see no one has replied. I did my very first ocean dive as a "discover scuba" dive at Lady Musgrave, so it's a special memory for me :) The Island (or coral cay, as it is) and surrounding lagoon was stunning! Postcard perfect. The lagoon was a perfect first dive too... tons of fish, nice coral, saw my first turtle, great viz. ...shallow though. I know there are other sites outside the lagoon that I can't advise on, but if the lagoon was any indication, it should be worth while. I have also heard good things about Lady Elliot.
One thing though... I stayed briefly in Bundaberg to do that dive, and um... personally... wouldn't want to spend a week there unless you are out diving every day. I love Aus, but let's just say it's not the prettiest town around! ...but Bundy does have their rum!

Just found this. If you haven't gone yet.............I agree with the Budaberg opinion. Also, my wife and I spent 4 days on LEI snorkeling and looking at birds in November 99. Wonderful place. Big Huge everything and you just step off the beach. Get a little canvas bungalow on the beach. Have fun.......if you haven't gone yet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom