Stick With The Winners

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Trinigordo:
I take serious offense to that and furthermore the LDS in question wasn't blaming a manufacturer for a failed rental, but was explaining why he changed his rental gear to me a regular, he had to change because the Mares corporation that sold him these items to be used a rental gear refused to back up the manufacturers warranty in an efficient time frame and because they were always breaking down he couldn't carry the line anymore as he would constantly have rental gear that could not be rented.

Well you know I have only been in one bad situation in my limited diving career and it was when a USCG charter captain failed to do a headcount and returned to the dock and was there when someone mentioned I was missing, if she did not say anything I might have just ended up just like those poor divers in Open Water . So as you can see this is not a Caribbean or Mexican thing.

Trini:
I wasn't saying all islanders are rip offs.
I was charter member of UNEXSO/Grand Bahama/Freeport/Lucaya
before you were born. I was just relating a few experiences.
There are good and bad people everywhere!

Thank you so much for your "left behind" story.
We need more divers to come forward with this .
The dive industry seems to be in denial about these events.
I have had it almost happen too! Fortunately, back then,
my other aqua addicts dive club member friends missed my buddy and I.
I took the USCG "safe boating" course in Florida in 1968.
There was an older guy in my class who was later arrested
for using his safe boating certificate as "ocean captain" credentials!
There were (are?) also fake USCG credentials on the black market.

I haven't had to use a dive trip charter boat in many years, but there
used to be a lot fewer divers and we mostly watched each others
buttowskis. It's a lot easier today, with crowded dive boat depersonalization to
miss a diver!

For a guy who started the "how many MOF's/PPD's does it take to
screw in a lightbulb" thread, you seem a tad oversensitive! (joke)

Sorry if I seriously offended you, it was not intentional.

I am not easily offended, but I take great offense to posts that single out and use a faulty stereotype with regards to the Caribbean. Furthermore Bahamas is just so much the Caribbean as an American stop off point, so I also found you using Bahamian incidents under the broad brushstroke of Caribbean negative as well. I am just a bit overly-protective of the region on this board recently due to recent trends and really don't appreciate things being said in such a generalised way for things that are by and large not the general way in which my country works.

All the same, thank you for the apology.

Peace

Just An Afterthought: Have Any Of You Noticed That Aeris Has The Word "regulator" Spelled Wrong On It's Website!!!!(dry valve technology page)(reguloator) It's Been Spelled Wrong For Over A Year! They Can't Correct A Typo In Over A Year? They Can't Even Spell Regulator And I'm Supposed To Buy One From Them! Unreal!

They'll Probably Correct It Now And Claim It Was Never Mispelled.

Sign seen at south texas nuclear project gate: "No one who says "NOOCLURH" allowed past these gates!

padrediver,

I am very impressed with your attention to detail and thankful that you have brought this to our attention. If you would be so kind to let me know where the typo is, I'll get it corrected immediately. Once it's corrected, does that mean that you'll be running out to buy an AERIS reg, or have we already spoiled the opportunity with our careless oversight?

padrediver:
Just An Afterthought: Have Any Of You Noticed That Aeris Has The Word "regulator" Spelled Wrong On It's Website!!!! It's Been Spelled Wrong For Over A Year! They Can't Correct A Typo In Over A Year? They Can't Even Spell Regulator And I'm Supposed To Buy One From Them! Unreal!

They'll Probably Correct It Now And Claim It Was Never Mispelled.

As I said, regulator is spelled "reguloater" in the dry valve technology section
of the Aeris website. I just noticed that it is also spelled wrong in
the dry valve technology section of the OCEANIC website
as well! Didn't see Aeris mentioned anywhere for regulators in Oceanic's
2005/2006 catalogs. Old biz strategy...be your own competition(Guy Kawasaki!)
Think I'll stick with my Aqualung/Scubapro stuff.

You can sure tell a LOT about a manufacturer by their obscure typos... NOT! Talk about your MONDO red herrings. Typos have no bearing on the quality or reliability of a regulator. Saying so just destroys your credibility.

So, when we find a typo on the Aqualung/ScubaPro sites you're gonna dump them, right?

Hey forget the typo... at the time of this posting the ScubaPro site is DOWN. Does this indicate that they are incompetent to build a regulator? I don't think so! :D But it is arguably WORSE than a typo, n'est pas?

Their typo has been there for well over a year.
If they can't catch that in a year.......?
Everyone takes their site down periodically for
maintainance....or protection from hacker attacks.

Scubapro site is UP....just went there!

Gotta go now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom