Still wanting to go out to the Carthaginian..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry dude - I only have time to program for the evil empire (for free). Been meaning to fix for Firefox but haven't been motivated lately :(

No worries, I just thought you should know! It's a great project!

Thanks,

Sean

No - but I'm so old, I once dove WITH "Stonewall" :D :drummer:

Tim - have you dove it? Maybe you could get the sub guys to take us out there to put on a "show"?
M
Hey... that's not a nice thing to call me! :D

Sean: you can also find these sites on the Google Earth Community (Mark has uploaded them there)... but I guess that's only available on the PC as well.

Dang, sure would be nice if the world could see the light and find their way to the white-computer side! :D

No - but I'm so old, I once dove WITH "Stonewall" :D :drummer:

Tim - have you dove it? Maybe you could get the sub guys to take us out there to put on a "show"?
M

[Hijack] sry - I'm with the "yellow" semi-sub we stay in 20fsw :wink: nice clear, warm, shallow, calm water :D

Never dove stonewall myself ... just wondering if it's worth having as a goal or not.
[/Hijack]

[Hijack] Never dove stonewall myself ... just wondering if it's worth having as a goal or not.
[/Hijack]

It's been 6-7 years since I've dove Stonewall... but I definitely remember it being impressive. Schooling ulua, black tip reef shark, black coral, and some big lobsters. I do remember wishing for a more powerful dive light while I was down there though!!! Definitely worth doing (understatement)!

I think Pauline's book, Diving Hawaii & Midway, has a good description of the site... which (if memory serves) is thought to have been the cliffs of a coastal bay when ocean water levels were lower... my copy of her book is missing... anybody else have a copy?

Is it at 150fsw as implied in the Atlantis info? Appears to be about 3 miles west of Mala wharf.

Aloha, Tim

The top of the trench is around 107' (anchorable), the wall drops off to 140', plateaus, then drops again to around 170'... I know our captains have the exact location... three miles seems further than I recall, maybe more like 1.5... but I'm not the bus driver, so I dunno for sure.

Back
Top Bottom