Stillhouse Hollow Reservoir

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Let me know when you are coming up this way. Maybe we can get together. My wife doesn't care for diving the local lakes so I usually end up doing Belton by myself.

I used to live in the Cove in the late 70's and again from '84 till '94.

Dove it last year. The dive shop took a group of us out for $5 a head to the dam area. Dropped us off and picked us up later. There are platforms and other things to see. Vis was @15 ft. Fair dive nothing to really write home about. If I go camping at Stillhouse this year, there is a dive area by the swimming area that I would like to try. :)

Richard

Dove it last year, as well (trip with dive club here in town).

Platform vis (for us) was 5-10' . Nearer the dam and deep (~60') the vis picked up to 15-20'. Temperature at that depth was low 60s/high 50s.

Personally, I thought there was more to see at Travis, and you don't need a boat to get to the dam.

Supposedly there are houses underwater at some point in Stillhouse. You might ask the shop operator (and we say "small shop", but he does nitrox fills and carries the essentials) if he could take your group to any of them.

Back
Top Bottom