Stolen gear, Seattle.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Losing one's property to criminals is bad, but losing dive gear has to be the worst a person can endure.
Back in the early 90's my house was burglarized, they cleaned me out but what hurt the most was the dive gear. They took everything, to the last snorkel keeper. It was also the hardest part to explain to the insurance.
Anyways, nothing was recovered, my only consolation was the curse I put on it. Some may think vengeance is a waste of time but I rejoice with the thought that whoever ended up with my gear never enjoyed one moment with it, and hopefully got hurt. Masks all fogged forever, fins never propelled anyone to the surface only to the bottom, tanks corroded on the inside and never passed a visual much less a hrydro, both wetsuits compressed to nothing on the first use and provided zero thermal protection. Like that on everything they took, all the way to the best of all: my favorite 2nd stage that would forever be a magnet to jelly-fish whose tentacles would tangle up all over the user's face.

I hope you recover your gear but in case you don't... may the bastards who use it become crab food.

Your precious dive gear stolen for drug money (most likely). Sickening and pathetic.

I really hope you get it back. Watch the pawn shops, craigslist, ebay, and flea markets.

Back
Top Bottom