Stolen Photos!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Puget

Reaction score
I am absolutely LIVID!!!!

A good friend just contacted me and gave me a Flickr Photo link of some rotten liar and thief calling himself PSDiverTom.

PSDiverTom has posted four of MY photos and claimed them as his, even making up names for the divers in them and locations they were taken. I suspect that MANY of the other photos he has on his Flickr page are not his as well, but are the work of other photographers.

Here is the link: Flickr: Photos from PSDiverTom

He has my four photos shown as:

rebreather in nanaimo
jerry and wolfie (eel)
sunken tugboat
jerry gets our calamari dinner - nanaimo

He claims to live in Winnipeg, Canada. I hope that if anyone knows this guy you will let me know who he is, or at the very least shame him publicly in the diving community!

John Rawlings
Staff Writer/Photographer
Advanced Diver Magazine

Unbelievable!

I'm sure you know this, but:

flickr:
Notice for Claims of Intellectual Property Violations and Agent for Notice

If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or that your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, please provide Yahoo!'s Copyright Agent with the following information:

an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property interest;
a description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Yahoo! site, with enough detail that we may find it on the web site;
your address, telephone number, and email address;
a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright or intellectual property owner, its agent, or the law;
a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your Notice is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner's behalf.
Yahoo!'s Agent for Notice of claims of copyright or other intellectual property infringement can be reached as follows:

By mail
Copyright Agent
c/o Yahoo! Inc.
701 First Avenue
Sunnyvale, CA 94089

By phone
(408) 349-5080

By fax
(408) 349-7821

By email
copyright@yahoo-inc.com

Hi Puget,

Photos, films, artwork, poems - whatever you make are automatically property (and copyrighted) by the owner. There is no need to do this officially anywhere. If you shoot em they are yours, unless you sign the rights off to someone else - or you shoot them for a company and your contract states that the product of your work is owned by them. I'd be livid too! Write to flickr and ask get rid of the pics and ban the guy.

"In the United States, copyright has been made automatic (in the style of the Berne Convention) since March 1, 1989, which has had the effect of making it appear to be more like a property right. Thus, as with some forms of personal property, a copyright need not be granted or obtained through official registration with any government office."

If you can prove its your stuff, leave a comment on each shot.
Notify Yahoo.
Dave

one picture shows some finnish-firefighter divers gearing up. 2 pics later they are swedes...

yes...incredible.

Leave a message for him in his flickr account.

Looks like he's removed several of the photos other than the "calimari" dinner.

He doesn't know how to spell anemone either.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom