Stood up by Pacific Star Dive boat - Resolved.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dave and his family have always run a respected and popular service, very glad to see this seems to have a happy ending:wink:...

I'm sorry to be resurrecting this thread but we once again attempted to schedule a dive through Pacific Star and once again they never returned our calls, we wanted to dive with them today but we didn't hear anything back from them despite calling and emailing several times over the last 2 weeks. I told my GF to just cancel the whole damn thing and that I will buy her a ticket on the Great Escape, the Bottom Scratcher or Sundiver depending on the dates that work for us...LOL!

How difficult is it to return a call? knowing very well that this episode has happened once before. A terrible boat operation, avoid at all costs!

Crazy in these tough economic times, when dive boats and dive shops are struggling to make it. Doesn’t make any sense….If I was the boat/shop owner and had a client that had one mishap, I would stay on top of the situation to make sure that that client has a change of experience…he should have been calling you to make amends.

Even an excuse of the telephone or answering machine wasn’t working, would not work in these times…business owners should have many different ways of communicating with their clients.

Sad to hear.

I am shocked to read this post and i have read other negative reviews about this boat. All I can say is that I have been on this boat 4 trips since 9/12 and i have nothing but great memory's. The crew is professional, the capt knowledgeable even when weather has cancelled a couple of trips the situation was handled gracefully with an emphasis on safety. The oil rigs are a bucket list dive. I love the food. My only complaint, I wish I could get a 3450 fill for my HP 100..i will continue to dive from this boat

It is pretty lame that the operator can't return the call's to the customer .it not like he has to be in the office especially with the advent of smartphone's Any savvy buisness owner use em to full effect as a moblie office. so there is no excuse!!!! i know if i was stood up twice like that id be thinking of scutteling the boat !!! :angrymob:

Um...are you guys aware that this is a necro'd thread? The incident in question happened almost a year ago. Please look at the dates of earlier posts.

If you've had four successful trips with them since September, then clearly whatever communications issue led to this incident is long gone. I think it's a bit unfair to negatively tarnish this dive boat now with comments about something that happened so long ago.

Um...are you guys aware that this is a necro'd thread? The incident in question happened almost a year ago. Please look at the dates of earlier posts.

If you've had four successful trips with them since September, then clearly whatever communications issue led to this incident is long gone. I think it's a bit unfair to negatively tarnish this dive boat now with comments about something that happened so long ago.

I agree...business can change their operational plans to adjust for poor service in the past. As Mr. Natural posted he dived with them four times in the last six months with good service...this is several months after Diveguy600's bad experience (2x).

But if I were Diveguy600 I would really have a hard time of trusting the Pacific Star with my business.

"Burn Me Once Shame On You...Burn Me Twice Shame On Me":fire:

I would like to hear from Mr. Dave Harvey with the Pacific Star and see what he has to say (there is always two sides to any story and the truth is usually somewhere in the middle). I was considering them for a trip next summer...now it is wait and see. :hm:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom