Stop Finning!!!!!!!! See "Sharkwater"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kiltboy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Get The Message Out On Every Post.... Everyone Should See The "sharkwater" Documentary

You can also find the DVD at Costco for $9.99.

NOW you tell me. I already bought it for $14.99. Plan to hold a party for all our local SCUBA professionals and rec divers up at the house so they can view it.

Hate to sound stupid (again), but could someone explain what shark finning is?

Cutting off their fins to use as flavoring in soup - look up Shark Fin soup. Most of the time the fins are removed while the sharks are alive and then back in to the ocean to die.

That is where these people pull over a million a year out of the ocean and cut off all their fins and throw the still alive shark back into the water to drown. All of this so some person over in Japan can look like a big shot feeding his friends shark fin soup. Sharks kill maybe 5 people a year, and we slaughter over a million sharks a year for a tasteless soup that has no purpose other than to make someone feel good about status in life.

Thanks for the explanation. It sounds pretty senseless.

It's more the Chinese, I don't think the Japanese are into it.

Z...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom