Stop Finning!!!!!!!! See "Sharkwater"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The thing that drove people into thinking sharks as killing machines, the movie jaws. did the reverse to me. As soon as I saw that movie, I wanted to get into the water and dive with them.
(of course, it freaked the hell out of me), but the passion became an obsession and seeing shark finning or anything that has to do with the killing of sharks is just unbareable and down right wrong.
Even people that have been attacked by sharks and lost limbs still do not think of them as mindless predators.

It's such a shame, a beautiful fish like that is being driven to extinction.

Shark fin soup is consumed throughout Asia and is also prevalant in the west. Finning is illegal in only a handful of countries.

If you want to learn more about finning and threats to sharks as well as solutions see Sharks: Stewards of the Reef www.sharkstewards.com.
It is an in depth analysis of the importance of sharks and threats facing sharks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom