Storage pack with DSS Rigs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

grausch

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi

Is there anybody using a storage pack on the backplate on a DSS rig?

I've browsed the DSS website, but have not seen anything there. Based on the picture of the rig, it does not look as if DSS offers such an option.

Cheers

Gunter

Hi

I've browsed the DSS website, but have not seen anything there. Based on the picture of the rig, it does not look as if DSS offers such an option.

Cheers

Gunter

We do not offer a "storage pack" There are a number of benefits to a flatter back plate, but the volume available between the back plate and diver is reduced with a flatter plate.

I've always just bungeed my lift bag to the bottom of the plate, inexpensive and easy.

Tobin

Thanks Tobin

Yeah, when I finally buy my BP/W I will probably bungee my lift bag to the plate also.

It seemed like a nice extra, but I really like the flatter backplate more than a "storage pack". I didn't consider that this would impact the design of the backplate.

Cheers

Gunter

Tobin, can you describe (or provide a picture of) how you do this? And will it work when using the plate weights?

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Tobin, can you describe (or provide a picture of) how you do this? And will it work when using the plate weights?

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Bob,

The weight plates (the current ones anyway) will not interfere as they are cut out to provide access to the holes in the bottom edge of the back plate.

Just provide bungee loops, i.e. a circle of bungee, about 3" in diameter (depending on the bag you want to carry) These loops should pass through one of the pairs of holes in the bottom edge of the plate.

Roll up you bag and secure with the loops. My bag is fitted with a bolt snap on the webbing loops at the bottom of the bag. I make sure this bolt snap is under the right bungee, pointing out. That keeps it from making friends with the bungee loop when I reach back with my right hand to pull out the bag.

If you choose to carry your bag bungeed as described above make sure you route the crotch strap between the bag and the diver.

Tobin

Hi

Cheers

Gunter

Gunter, take a look at the pics in this post: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/3109431-post6.html

The guy is showing how to stow a liftbag under a Halcyon backplate pad attached to a DSS plate. It's probably a medium plate though you should ask the poster. He said the holes don't line up perfectly but still work well enough.

Gunter, take a look at the pics in this post: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/3109431-post6.html

The guy is showing how to stow a liftbag under a Halcyon backplate pad attached to a DSS plate. It's probably a medium plate though you should ask the poster. He said the holes don't line up perfectly but still work well enough.

Thank you. This is exactly the info I was looking for.

Still more trouble than it's worth IMO. Bungee is $.75 / ft..........

Tobin

Still more trouble than it's worth IMO. Bungee is $.75 / ft..........

Tobin

Maybe, but this gives me the option to try both approaches.

Also, it definitely makes the buying decision easier now that I know I can fit this pack should I decide to. :14:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom