Store a lift bag?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SailNaked

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Where / How do you secure your 50# lift bag while diving? My LDS sold me a worthless Velcro bag that has se% bolts to secure it under the back of a plate. Problem is you can barely get it out without looking like a dying fish, and then it is impossible to store it back when you are done, in the water.
I got a mesh bag with some gloves that I bought and have stuffed it in there but now I do not have a plan on how to simply secure it to the rig for easy deployment and recovery. It is too big for any of the pockets I currently own, I suppose I could just buy a bigger pocket. Thanks for any input.

I keep mine (50# bag) in the MC Pack on my doubles plate. If diving singles, I'll add two bungee loops to the holes across the bottom of the plate and secure it with those. The latter is a little less "clean", but I prefer a flatter backplate with singles which means no storage pack. Either is easily accessible. If you have room in a pocket, that works, too. Smaller SMBs fit nicely in a pocket.

Between the BPW and back, secured to crotch d-ring. Dry suit pocket for the 2nd one.

The bigger SMBs are typically not restowed in the water. Shoot it and don't deal with it again until you hand it up to the boat.

In addition to cramming it in a pocket (works up to a point), the MC pak, or bungied to the bottom of the plate, you can also bungie it to a deco bottle - obviously one which you'd have up front on you at the shooting depth not a leashed bottle.

I store mine in a Dive rite mesh tube with velcro closure on the bottom of my backplate. I did look like a fish out of water until I found out to open the velcro. Dumb me. Now I deploy it like a pro.

I secure mine to the butt d-ring.

I gave up on the MC pak. Never really liked it.

The 45lb 4.5ft tall H SMB has fit in my pocket with a 150ft spool in the past, although I have a new suit and haven't tried it there yet.

Hasn't bothered me. It's mostly there on the off chance the scooter floods (insurance requires I bring it home to pay out) or if I come across a treasure chest....

I've also stuffed a 5' SMB in a pocket for off-shore stuff. It *barely* fits.

I gave up on the MC pak. Never really liked it.

The 45lb 4.5ft tall H SMB has fit in my pocket with a 150ft spool in the past, although I have a new suit and haven't tried it there yet.

snap bolt with two bungee loops on the closed end and hook it up on the butt d-ring, i used to bungee loops just to secure it properly since one loop would just make it slide on either side.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom