Store a lift bag?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use the Dive Rite pack bolted to the bottom of the plate. Once the bag is deployed it is not restowed in the water. I usually stuff it in my suit pocket or as was already noted under the bungee on the deco bottle. Once out of the water I can easily refold and stow it. And it actually deploys easily if I leave just a bit of the rigging sticking out of the pouch. Like maybe an inch or so with the ring.

Diverite 50Lb teardrop pouch, vertically hole down cable tied next to plate or pack between back and wing. Ring and inch of webbing protruding.
Bigger bags, heavier material, folded, rolled and tyre or silicone tubed to small Ds, boat fittings, welded vertically to tank bands close to wing. Nothing protruding.

Stuff SMB under a strap anywhere quickly and get on boat.

Boat people haul lift bag and stuff under it or find it after other divers.
OR
Dive object to shore or let the ocean take it there.
Was that the question?

I keep mine (50# bag) in the MC Pack on my doubles plate.

+1

Deploys easily.

Have never been in a situation where I needed to stow a bag underwater. Can't imagine one either, other than deciding not to use it after pulling it out. (but not sure why that would happen.)

I deployed it to lift something that was too heavy to lift, so I then had to restow it for the rest of the dive and could not get it back into the mesh bag at my butt, my buddy had to stuff it 1/2 in and it was partially filled with water and was larger.

I wanted to try it out a few times before I needed it and found it not as easy as i would have liked.

I suppose this was an anomalous situation and and in normal use I would not have a problem storing it this way.:D

Back
Top Bottom