Stories behind usernames...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kidspot

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Seeing some of the usernames out there on Scubaboard I thought it might be fun/interesting to share how/why we chose the names we did... some make sense and some can't even be pronounced ... so what's the story behind your name?

Kidspot is the primary website that I manage. I made up the name when I first designed the site at kidspot.org about 7 years ago since then it has become my alias/screename whereever I go... not too common, so if you come across it anywhere else (except yahoo-someone else actually has that name over there) it's probably me :wink:

Aloha, Tim

P.S. if this has been done in the past I don't remember it, so I figure we can just repeat it...:wink:

Desa is my familys name Debbie (wife), Eric (son) Sonny and Amanda(daughter). Its an easy username for different sites that so far I have never had to make a second attempt because the "username has allreaday been taken."

kidspot:
Kidspot is the primary website that I manage.

Plug plug.

Just kidding.

I didn't want to use my name because I get enough spam and junk mail already. Paranoid, I know. So I was stuck making something up. After trying all the SCUBA and sea-mythology I could think of, I tried a variation on Trident (the spear, not the gum). Anyway, now I'm stuck with 3Dent, a lame name that no-one gets. And I don't even spearfish. Maybe I'll ask the SB gods if I can change it someday...

Lynn

Well, seeing that I'm very proud of my heritage, which of course is Irish, and the Irish have away with a quick temper. My temper flairs up every once and awhile, and at that moment I'm right and everyone else is wrong, Until I calm down and see I was wrong, and not everyone else. It's not my fault really. :D

My folks gave it to me.

My folks gave it to me.

MikeFerrara:
My folks gave it to me.
Heh.

As to "reefraff", the sobriquet is an excellent demonstration of the law of unintended consequences...

As an impoverished Spring Break vagabond, I was the subject of a tirade by a rather soused middle-aged woman who was decrying the presence of several of us wharf rats in the vicinity of the rather substantial yacht she was on. In her stumbling and tongue-tied state, she missed calling me "riffraff" and referred to me as "reefraff." Over the next few days the story of her falling-down rant circulated amongst everyone that spent time on the dock and its usage spread as they sought to tease me. Eventually, I decided the name was appropriately inappropriate and adopted the name.

Well, it started during the academic portion of my OW cert. I was goofing around with one of my instructors (who happened to reccomend this forum), and we were quoting "Blue Collar Humor." Well, needless to say, the "Gitterdun" stuck! So let's GITTERDUN!!

MtnDiver came from living at 6,600 feet MSL at the base of Pike's Peak and loving to dive...(plus it wasn't already taken)!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom